Fast Food Nation


Wow! I am really looking forward to see this movie after watching some of the behind the scenes... and I will actually try to read the book as well (if I find it in English in some library...), actually I would like to read about the situation in Japan as well, but reading in Japanese is not something I really like, so...
I just know that here in Japan the term for slaughterhouse (屠殺場) is actually considered discriminatory (I still cant really understand why, but it has to do something with the people who works there I think), and so they cannot use it in TV or broadcasts... kind of weird isn't it?

This movie seems to be not actually a documentary (like Super size me which I also liked a lot), but more of a narrative, but still it is really good that they put this up in the cinemas for people to think more about where their food is coming from, and all what it involves... in this movie they focus a lot on other aspects other than animal cruelty, like workers rights, marketing, environment, etc... have to see it before saying anything else about it...
Oh, and Avril Lavigne, and Catalina Sandino (a Colombian actress) act in this film as well... :)

Another movie I really want to see is An Inconvenient Truth, guess I'll rent it when it comes out in dvd...

Comments

Popular Posts