BPE - Tokyo~London

August 3...
Leaving towards London, I had to endure such a long trip to get there...
I had bought the cheapest ticket I found for the time I was going, so it stopped everywhere. First I had to go from Narita to Taiwan, spend one night in Taipei's airport (luckily just when you go out there is this big hall with lots of sofas, and some people with their bags next to them, some of them already sleeping... so I just put my backpack behind my legs, and slept in one of the sofas), next morning I took the plane towards London, but it went to Bangkok first, and we actually had to go down of the airplane, walk a long way through the corridors and then go back to board (not at all bad, because I had the chance to check some of the stores, and end up buying some banana chips and dried fruit (I dont remember whether it was litchi or rambutan but anyway) to eat with my sister, and the best, a Thai dessert of mango with rice and coconuts milk! yummy! (sorry I forgot to take a picture...)) after I finished eating the dessert I board the airplane, this time for a long time all the way to London (10 hours).

There is one thing I though during the flight... or well actually two, that I think I'd like to say...
I was going to go from Thailand to England, flying all over Asia, Middle East, going over Afganisthan, flying north of Iraq, Israel, Palestine... flying over all this countries that are so messed up because of ??? a lot of things actually. Oil, money, hate, but the one that came to my attention at that time was religion. Just during that time Israel was invading Palestine, bombing cities, killing innocent people, kids, families, all because they had a different religion, had a different nationality, or simply because of being at the wrong place the wrong time. While all this was happening so many people were just going on with their lives, and I was flying all over this mess without any trouble, watching movies, and looking forward to meet my sister. It is strange how even when the world has become so connected, you can go pretty much anywhere, and call your friends on the other side of the world, so many people have to endure wars, watching their houses destroyed, families killed, without understanding why. This whole thing of hate between west and muslim society, is so crazy and so messed up, and that would become something I thinked a lot during my trip...

Now the other thing I thought about (which now sounds stupid after writing what I just wrote) was that when I reach London I will have "completed" a circle around the world, taking into account that I had already been to London from Colombia going over the atlantic ocean, I came to Japan over the pacific, and I was flying from Japan to London all over Asia. Something really great for someone who likes to travel so much, and has dream of going all around the world, getting to know as much as I can, about other people, landscapes, countries, cultures, religions, and about myself.

But this fly was just the start of a whole great experience, that has give me even more "ganas" of travelling all around, and has give me a lot to think about...

Comments

Sugar said…
haha. first of all, congrats on your new blog. I like the way you write about the stuff you thought while on the flight. Gives me another perspective to look into when I fly the next time. :)

and secondly, it doesn't really sound that stupid though. In a way, you did went round the world didn't you? hehe. I wonder when I will be completing a round. :p
Juank said…
thanks!
well what I meant was that after thinking about something like so big, I was writing about myself goind around the world... which, well now that I think so is also big, but you know what I mean... :p

You need to come to Colombia to complete a round!!! you are welcome anytime you want... :)
graduation trip?? dont forget!

Popular Posts